1/ Create your list view
In your SharePoint site, create a view of your list with two columns:
- The title column that will define the categories.
- The column that will store the values.
Once the view is created, go back to the view edit page and copy the page URL. We'll use it in step 2.
2/ Build your script
Under the "Select your options" tab:
- In the URL field, paste the URL of your view edit page.
- Click on the "Save To Disk" button to save your script to your computer.
If you don't see the button, you'll need to copy and paste the script displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the script to a SharePoint library in your site collection.
Recommended practice: to host your custom scripts, use a dedicated library at the top level of your site collection. Make sure all users have read access to it.
3/ Using the script
- on the Web page where you want to display the snapshot, add a Content Editor Web Part
- Edit the Web Part:
Under Content Link, enter the link to your script
Under layout, select the "hidden" checkbox
- click OK.
- Exit the Edit mode.
3/ Optional: add the Web Part you customized to the Web Part gallery. This will allow you to reuse it across your site collection.